I hope everyone is having a great week! I have been doing so much cooking and baking, trying to perfect some dishes and also coming up with some new ones so keep your eyes peeled!!
Cauliflower rice is something I’ve wanted to post for a while but it’s never turned out the way I wanted. I finally discovered that the microwave is the answer! If you don’t have a microwave, you can fry it in a little oil but I found this went a bit wet and soggy. It may sound like a strange thing to have with a curry but I can assure you that it doesn’t actually taste of cauliflower! It’s another clever way of getting more vegetables into my family’s diet and it’s a low carb opinion compared to rice. I have simply grated the florets with a corse grater but you can also blend it to become finer and can then be used as cous cous rather than rice.
2-3 chicken breasts, cut into chunks (you can also use any kind of leftover chicken meat)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tsp coriander
1-2 tsp mild chilli powder (depending on taste)
1 tbsp mild curry powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tin chopped tomatoes
300ml vegetable stock
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
For the curry:
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tbsp of oil. Fry the chicken, onion, curry powder, cumin, garlic and chilli powder for 5-6 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, chopped tomatoes and lentils.
- Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer, cook for a further 15-20 minutes until it has reduced down.
For the cauliflower rice:
- Grate the florets with a grater. If you would like to use the stem as well, pulse in a blender.
- Add the coriander and salt and pepper if desired. Give a good stir until it is mixed well.
- Cook in the microwave for 4 minutes. Alternatively, fry in a pan with a little oil for 3-4 minutes.