It is no secret that I love making packed lunches for my kids, I think I must be in a minority! I’m able to make fun and healthy lunches by being organised and preparing a few things in advance. These cheese and sweetcorn muffins are great for their lunch boxes and can be frozen. I prepare the lunch before I go to bed so I’m not rushing around in the morning, the muffins defrost over night in the fridge so they will ready to eat by lunch time the next day.
100g canned or frozen sweetcorn (defrosted)
100g cheddar cheese, grated
1 medium egg, whisked
4 tbsp milk
150g self raising flour
70g Flora Buttery, melted
1 tsp mustard
- Preheat your oven to 200C. In a large mixing bowl, roughly mash the sweetcorn with a fork so it brakes up. Add the egg, milk, mustard and butter, mix until well combined. Then add the flour and cheese, mix until it forms a thick batter.
- Line a muffin tin with cases and divide the mixture equally between them.
- Cook in your preheated oven for 15 minutes or until they have risen and are golden brown.
Here is one of the lunches I made for my 4 year old daughter. I have used bento food picks and silicone cases to make it more fun and interesting for her.
- Cheese, ham, pepper and cheese wrap.
- Cheese and sweetcorn muffin.
- Mix of vegetables.
Thank you to Flora for sending us this awesome lunch box which also contained a handy lunch box planner which is a great guide of what to pack for lunch. It has has also given me lots of new ideas!
This post is an entry for the #FloraLunchbox Linky Challenge, sponsored by Flora. Check out their lunch planner and recipe ideas here.