Just recently my daughter has been really interested in baking. Some times it doesn’t go too well but I promised that I would publish one of her recipes! She is 3 years old and only needed a little guidance and help so they are very easy to make.
Makes 16 Scones
225g self raising flour
50g butter, cubed
100g cheddar cheese, grated (plus extra for on top)
1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Put baking tray in oven.
2. In a large bowl, sift the flour and baking powder. Add the butter. Rub it in with your fingertips until it forms into breadcrumbs. Stir in the cheese and mix until well combined.
3. Make a well in the middle of the mixture and gradually add the milk. Stir until it forms a firm dough. You may not need all of the milk so make sure you do not add all of it at once.
4. On a lightly floured side, roll out the dough so it is 2cm in thickness. Cut out scones with a cutter. Place in the now hot baking tray. Brush with milk and sprinkle on a little cheese.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.