This week my toddler chose three of the meals, normally she only wants pizza but she actually asked for pie and wraps too, so I couldn’t refuse! All meals are under £1 a serving and easy to make.
Budget Fishcakes (trial recipe)
Hunters Chicken with carrots and new potatoes
Cheesy chip and salad wraps
Chicken and Gravy Pie (trial recipe)
Porkball and Noodles in a Thai Green Broth
Pizza Rolls and Salad
Just recently my daughter has been really interested in baking. Some times it doesn’t go too well but I promised that I would publish one of her recipes! She is 3 years old and only needed a little guidance and help so they are very easy to make.
Makes 16 Scones
225g self raising flour
50g butter, cubed
100g cheddar cheese, grated (plus extra for on top)
1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Put baking tray in oven.
2. In a large bowl, sift the flour and baking powder. Add the butter. Rub it in with your fingertips until it forms into breadcrumbs. Stir in the cheese and mix until well combined.
3. Make a well in the middle of the mixture and gradually add the milk. Stir until it forms a firm dough. You may not need all of the milk so make sure you do not add all of it at once.
4. On a lightly floured side, roll out the dough so it is 2cm in thickness. Cut out scones with a cutter. Place in the now hot baking tray. Brush with milk and sprinkle on a little cheese.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
I recently brought a lot of reduced bags of carrots from Asda for 5p, I have frozen some for meals or snacks during the week and the rest I’m making a soup with. Carrot and coriander is one of my favourite soups to make because it doesn’t require much preparation!
Serves 3-4 Costs: 26p a serving
Continue reading “Carrot and Coriander Soup”
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to lunches? All these lunches can be prepared in advance or are quick to prepare, and not a sandwich in sight! We usually have a different fruit/veg to go with each meal too. This week we have kiwi, apples, clementines, baby carrots and banana.
Cheese and Pepperoni Toastie
Cornish Potato Cakes
Carrot and Coriander Soup
Chicken and Salad Wraps (using leftover chicken from roast chicken and myTwo Ingredient Flat Breads
Jacket Potatoes with Baked Beans and Cheese
A very rare lunch out!!
Did you know how easy and cheap it is to make your own seasoning for meals like burritos or fajitas?
Old El Paso Taco Seasoning: £1.99
Budget Food Mummy Taco Seasoning: 14p
Continue reading “Taco Seasoning 14p”
I usually make these with any leftover mashed potato or if I have a few potatoes left that I have no use for. It is a traditional Cornish recipe, although I have never found any where in Cornwall that makes them so let me know if there is any where!
Makes 12 Costs 7p per potato cake
Continue reading “Cornish Potato Cakes”