As well as involving my children with cooking food that we eat, I also try and show them where their food comes from. We grow herbs on the windowsill, pick blackberries from the hedgerows, grow vegetables in the garden and go strawberry pick. So I of course said yes when GroCycle invited us to review one of their mushroom growing kits.
My daughter has just started her first year of school (sob) and my son is in nursery. After the first two weeks of doing the school and nursery runs, I realise I’m not the perfect, organised mum that I thought I would be!
- Have school uniform washed and ironed before bed – Fail! I’m up late at night ironing.
- Get to school on time – Fail! We were 10 minuteswq late on the first day.
- Make mum friends in the playground – Fail! I’ve come to terms that I will forever be socially awkward.
- Make everyone presentable in the morning – Fail/success! The kids look clean and well dressed. I however, look like one of The Twits… No wonder no one wants to be my friend…!
- Lunches – Success! It’s no secret that I like making packed lunches but I thought I would struggle now they both have them.
Recently I have noticed a rise in aloe vera juices in the shops, quite reasonably priced and something I have never tried before. So I accepted the offer to review some.
I received two bottles, aloe refresh mango and aloe refresh original flavour. They both contain natural flavours and natural colours so they can be enjoyed as a part of a healthy lifestyle.
As you may or may not know, I am a keen cake maker/eater and a big Star Wars fan. No I’m not jumping on the band wagon, I’m a lifelong fan!
I was recently asked to review one of Baker days letterbox cakes from their Christmas designs. My first thought was that it was a genius idea and why didn’t I think of it! Secondly I thought, how is a cake going to survive the Royal Mail, especially my postman who is a bit heavy handed when it comes to parcels?!
One of the best things I like about cooking is trying different foods so when I was offered the chance to review Encona’s new marinades, I couldn’t wait to get cooking! I received the Korean BBQ and Moroccan Harissa marinade. Korean food is something I wasn’t very familiar with so I was keen to try the BBQ marinade first. The hardest thing about making Asian food, which I love, is cooking on a budget whilst keeping the flavours. There are certain ingredients that I wouldn’t use every day so I try and make do with the things I have in my cupboard already.