There are so many reasons I love homemade chicken nuggets!
- They use up any leftover chicken from our roast dinner.
- You know exactly what goes into them.
- The kids love getting messy whilst they help make them.
- The kids actually eat them all!
I use the cooked leg meat and any leftovers from our roast chicken but you can which ever part of the chicken you prefer.
For the nuggets:
Meat from 2 large chicken legs, shreaded
1 egg, whisked
2 tbsp plain flour
60ml chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
For the breading:
200g plain flour
Bread crumbs from 2 slices of bread
2 eggs, whisked
2 tsp turmeric (optional, but it gives the breading its golden colour)
Oil for frying
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the nuggets together. Scoop one tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball, flatten a little. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- With each nugget, roll in flour so it is evenly coated, dunk into the whisked egg and then roll into the bread crumbs until it is completely covered.
- Shallow fry the chicken nuggets in a large frying pan for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.