Rice used to be my most wasted food, I don’t think I have every cooked the exacted amount so I always have some leftover. Some people can be a bit nervous about reusing cooked rice, this is what I do to prevent the spores from flourishing which can cause food poisoning:
- Run cold water over the cooked rice until it has completely cooled.
- Store in the fridge for a maximum of 1 day.
- Do not leave warm, cooked rice out on the kitchen side. The spores will germinate at room temperature.
These pancakes only require two ingredients so they are really simple to make. I use them as wraps, in the kids packed lunch, a side for almost any meal. They are especially good with a fried breakfast!
Makes 4 small pancakes
150g cooked rice
4 eggs, whisked
- Combine the rice with the egg and mix will.
- Heat a little oil in a small frying pan on a low heat. When the oil is hot, spoon in the rice pancake mix until the frying pan is evenly covered. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.